SEO plugin for WordPress: review of Squirrly SEO
Table of Contents
A SEO plugin is an extension module that adds more features to websites and blogs and makes them more complete with tasks and functions such as web analysis, keywords analysis, reporting, site audit, and much more.
In this article, we will introduce you to “Squirrly SEO”, a SEO plugin that is also part of our top 5 SEO tools and that every startup should try because it is particularly suitable for beginners and has a lot of features. Are you ready to learn more? Let’s start!
Introduction to the SEO plugin Squirrly SEO
Squirrly SEO is an all-in-one SEO plugin available in over 140 languages that offers you 650 features but keeping it super lightweight. In addition, it is the right tool for you if you find SEO too challenging and are looking for a software that makes it easier. In fact, it will carry out the following actions:
- Tell you where to start
- Break what you have to do into actionable tasks
- Give you a step-by-step approach to SEO
- Show you which Squirrly tool to use to get every SEO task done faster
- Monitor your progresses
- Offer advices and guidelines to move on to the next step
What makes this plugin unique, in fact, is that its goal is to teach you how to do your SEO activities as a mentor. In this way, you will feel always more confident and you will really learn how SEO works.
Features of Squirrly SEO, the most complete SEO plugin
As we said, the peculiarity of this SEO plugin is that it includes a huge number of features. For this reason, we will show you only the most important ones, indispensable to make a well-done SEO analysis:
- Keyword Research
- Best SEO Goals
- Track SEO Results
- SEO Live Assistant
- Google SERP Checker
- SEO Audits
Let’s see them in detail below.
It is a very useful tool to find keywords that your website can rank for. In fact, this particular feature of the SEO plugin will allow you to:
- Focus on your country’s audience: you can choose to limit the search of keywords to some selected countries to have more chances of finding the most efficient one.
- Discover long-tail keywords: the tool will give you lists of key phrases made out of 2 to 5 words, so that you can rank for the exact phrases people are searching for.
- Research for multiple keywords: you can find out what is the best topic for your articles by inserting 2 or more phrases into the research bar.
Best SEO Goals
If you don’t know where to start from with the optimization of your website, this feature is perfect for you because it gives you the opportunity to chat with a SEO consultant and be guided step-by-step in the process. For example, the consultant will tell you which actions you need to perform in order to improve your website and will give you instructions on how to complete them.
Track SEO Results
This SEO plugin makes it easy for you to monitor your performance and keep track of how well your SEO actions are paying off. In fact, you will receive an automatic notification every time you complete a task.
In addition, you can always access the Overview Panel to keep track of your progresses. Here, you will find data represented with intuitive graphics that highlight where your leads are coming from and whether you are attracting traffic to your website.
This feature also acts as a reporting tool because you can use the graphs and the automatically generated data to show your team how campaigns are going in terms of traffic, engagement and visibility.
SEO Live Assistant
Squirrly SEO virtual assistant will become your best ally to publish fully optimized content that can result as high-quality contents both for search engines and the visitors of your website.
Here are some examples of what the virtual assistant of this SEO plugin can do for you:
- Improve your ranking for keywords connected to your brand or product/service
- Get an increase in visibility and readership
- Outrank your competitors for those topics you have in common
- Increase efficiency by making SEO adjustments while you write your contents
Therefore, it makes sure you have instant feedback and avoids that you incur into SEO mistakes or over-optimize your articles.
Google SERP Checker
Squirrly SEO really is an all-in-one platform as you won’t need to leave WordPress to use other analysis tools, it already does all you need. In fact, with the Google SERP Checker, it keeps you informed on how your content is ranking on search engines and also on social media. In this way, you can find out how your content performed on each social media channel you shared it, view on which social media your content performer better and understand how social signals influence your rankings.
The SEO Audit feature of this SEO plugin is one of the most complete as it gives insights on:
Let’s see in detail the type of insights that you can obtain in each one of these sections.
- Average content optimization: it shows you an average content optimization level across audited pages.
- Dublin Core implementation: the plugin makes a check to see if you have this set of standard metadata elements in your website, as it can help with some internal search engines.
- Top 10 Pages this Week: see which audited pages have brought the most visitors to your website in the last week.
- Page Traffic: it shows you which audited pages are performing poorly in terms of generating traffic so that you can come up with a plan to improve their performance.
This section of the SEO plugin takes into account over 20 critical aspects that may have an impact on your chances of ranking, including:
- Duplicate Titles
- Duplicate Descriptions
- Empty Titles
- Empty Descriptions
- Title Tags
- Description tags
- The presence of meta-keywords
- Page load time
- The current index status of your URLs
- and many more.
Social signals have become more and more important for Google and, exactly for this reason, the SEO plugin makes sure to check:
- Your Top Shared Pages;
- The Share Buttons in your articles;
- The number of Social Media Shares audited pages received on Social Media;
- Your Social “Follow me” Buttons on your pages;
- Open Graph protocol implementation;
- Twitter Card
One of the most important ranking factors is the number of quality backlinks you have to your website. For this reason, the SEO plugin will tell you:
- The number of Backlinks and Unique Domains.
- Your MOZ Backlinks Count
- Your links with noFollow
Your website’s authority will determine how likely it is for your website to rank on the first page of Google. Therefore, in this section of the SEO Audit the following aspects are analysed:
- Page Authority
- Alexa Rank
- Domain Age
- Site icon implementation
- iPad and iPhone Icons
Would you like to give this SEO plugin a try? Squirrly SEO offers three subscription plans:
- Pro: it costs $20.99 per month. You can use it on 7 websites, make 100 keyword researches per month, receive up to 1500 keywords ideas per month, and much more.
- Business: it costs $71.99 per month. You can use it on 7 websites, make 300 keyword researches per month, receive up to 15.000 keywords ideas per month, and much more.
- Agency: it costs $75.99 per month. You can use it on 50 websites, make 500 keyword researches per month, receive up to 7500 keywords ideas per month, and much more.
Conclusions on the SEO plugin Squirrly SEO
If you are looking for an all-in-one platform that is intuitive and created ad hoc for SEO beginners, you should definitely give a try to this SEO plugin.
In this article, we explained the main features of Squirrly SEO but there are many more that could help you make the optimization of your website more enjoyable and even fun! You can learn more on this plugin and its other features in the video below.
If you want to find out other SEO tools, please read more on our blog: SEO tools: the best ones for beginners.
If you are interested in SEO, please read also: SEO and SEM: introduction and tips for beginners.