Optimize your Resume: Vmock for candidates
Table of Contents
Optimize your Resume with tools based on ATS (Applicant Tracking System)! Do you know that you can rock your resume using some powerful tools based on ATS? In fact, ATS help organizations during the phase of collection and organization of candidate data and to manage all stages of the recruiting process.
If you want to learn more on ATS read also ATS to optimize your CV: review of Vmock tool on our blog.
In this article, we will focus more on one of the best tools to optimize your resume: Vmock. This tool will guide you through the realization of your CV, but not only. Keep reading this article to discover all the benefits you can get using this tool!
VMock for candidates: optimize your resume
VMock is one of the best tools available on the market to optimize your resume and compete against ATS.
As soon as you enter the website and log in, you will be prompted to upload your CV (only in English) and the system will provide you with an assessment with a score from 1 to 100, plus specific scores regarding some areas:
Using the premium version, you can then get more detailed feedback on the above three areas, to find out which elements are present, and which are missing to remediate and optimize your resume, to be compliant with ATS guidelines.
Have a look on the following screenshot as example:
The area called “Impact” includes these elements:
- Action oriented: you can use action verbs to show your working experience.
- Specifics: they are details such as costs, number of people in the team, number of departments you supported, etc.
- Over usage: it is the number of times you used the same word in the entire CV.
- Avoided words: they are words that do not have a big impact, such as passive sentences, personal pronouns, filler words, etc.
You can click on the “light bulb” to see how to create impact and you will find out some general guidelines:
- Strong actions
- Sections with right content
- Tangible outcomes
- Well-structured bullets
The area called “Presentation” includes these elements:
- Number of pages: it is a critical factor that will allow you to demonstrate your ability to summarize and prioritize only the most important information.
- Essential sections: they are the parts concerning education and work experiences.
- Overall format: it is the analysis of the document formatting.
- Section specific: it is essential information about you, such as name, telephone number, email, etc.
- Spell check: it verifies if there are some spelling errors in your CV.
The area called “Competencies” includes these elements:
- Analytical: it is the ability to analyse the problem and find the solution.
- Communication: it is the ability to articulate a message and achieve your goals through that message.
- Leadership: it is the ability to manage a team, projects, or any other decisional aspect.
- Teamwork: it is the ability to work with other people and achieve a goal together.
- Initiative: it is the ability of problem-solving and innovation.
By clicking on the “insight” button, you will get more information regarding the “Analytical skills”:
By clicking on the “insight” button, you will get more information regarding the “Communication skills”:
By clicking on the “insight” button, you will get more information regarding the “Leadership skills”:
By clicking on the “insight” button, you will get more information regarding the “Teamwork skills”:
By clicking on the “insight” button, you will get more information regarding the “Initiative skills”:
On the website there are a free version and a premium version, which costs 19.95$.
However, if you prefer not to invest this money, the software will offer you the possibility to access the premium version just by inviting 3 friends.
Conclusions on Vmock for candidates: optimize your resume
As so many companies rely on ATS Software, candidates really need to focus on their CV to meet the requirements included in the job offer. For this reason, there are so many tools online that help you optimize your resume taking into consideration different parameters. Among all these tools, we recommend trying Vmock because it is one of the best on the market and it will help you optimize your resume by giving you constant feedbacks.
Be curious! Do not limit yourself and do not stop at our proposal of tools! Check out our article Software Discovery platforms: the top 9 for us to find the one that best suits your needs.
If you are interested in resume builders, please read also: Resume Builders: over 30 tools and the best 10 for us and if you want to deepen the theme of personal branding, read also Personal Branding for startup founders.